Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive
culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees,
patients and communities.
Senior Principle Expert Antiparasitics – New Mechanisms -2013393
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Does your heart beat for research in the pharmaceutical industry? Are you convinced – as we are – that human and animal health are tightly connected? If you are seeking for an exciting challenge in a global research organization with a wide range of interactions and want to foster innovation, we are looking forward to your application!
Tasks & responsibilities
• As Senior Principle Expert Antiparasitics, you will have the lead for state-of-the-art antiparasitics research and discovery projects in a global matrix organization.
• Manage and steer research projects, which are performed in close collaboration with internal and external discovery institutions & partners.
• Thanks to your ideas and knowhow, you build best in class antiparasitics pipeline in targeted disease areas.
• With your knowhow of Mode-of-action determination and screening technologies, you enable state-of-the-art antiparasitics research and discovery projects.
• In addition, you develop exploratory and research project plans using sound scientific and project management processes in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
• Also, you push lead series forward to reach the stage gate Start of Development while making appropriate recommendations on clear Go/No-Go criteria.
• Furthermore, you identify and evaluate relevant R&D strategies, opportunities and projects to fill our antiparasitics pipeline.
• Finally, you represent projects in interaction with Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Management Committees and with academic and commercial business partners.
• Doctoral degree in life sciences (e.g. Veterinary Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry)
• Solid background in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, antiparasitics is a plus
• Profound knowledge of in vitro assays and assay technologies for drug discovery
• Solid and long-term experience in project management of complex internal and external discovery projects
• In-depth knowledge of research and discovery, preferably in the animal health sector but not a must
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills allowing effective interaction across virtual teams in AH Global Innovation, Human
Pharma Innovation Unit and external partners
• Very good command of English Language, further languages (German or French) are beneficial
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Sabine Schätzlein, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-92199
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.
Job – Research & Development
Primary Location – Europe-DE-Rhineland-Palatinate-Ingelheim
Organization – DE-Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica GmbH (Germany)
Schedule – Full-time